In order to assist guests with disabilities, we require anyone who has the supporting evidence and is issued with a Ride Access Pass to be accompanied onto the rides by a helper.
Three helpers per disabled guest can use the Ride Access Pass on any of the Rides and Attractions.
The primary helper must be at least 14 years old, and in the view of THORPE PARK Resort, able to take primary responsibility during emergencies and decision making. This helper is required to sit within the same carriage, boat, seat or row as the disabled guest they are assisting.
Although our employees are eager to provide the best service possible, they are not trained in lifting or carrying techniques and therefore cannot provide physical assistance. Helpers must be able to assist with loading and offloading or any physical assistance that may be needed; this may involve the lifting and transfer of the disabled guest from the ride carriage into an evacuation chair at high levels.
For proof of disability please bring ONE of the following forms of documentation to obtain a free carers ticket:
- Entitlement to Disability Living Allowance for children under 16 or DLA/Personal Independent Payments (PIP) for those aged 16-64, either in the form of a letter stating that the benefit has been awarded, or the actual Allowance book.
- Attendance Allowance or Carer's Allowance letter of award
- Incapacity Benefit books, or a letter notifying the recipient that the benefit has been awarded Incapacity Benefit or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- A valid Blue Badge
- In the case of visual impairment, a registration card known as the BD8 or a Certificate of Visual Impairment (CVI)
- A local authority registration document which is local to the attraction where it is being submitted
- A recognised Assistance Dog ID Card
- Credability’s Access Card
Proof of entitlement will be required before the Ride Access Passes are given. Please be advised that ONE of the following forms of documentation (dated within the last 2 years) must be provided otherwise a pass will not be issued:
1. A current and valid Access Card including the queueing logo on it. These cards are available here.
2. Personal Independence Payment letter (dated within the last 2 years*) showing that you receive enhanced mobility component.
3. A current and valid Blue Badge.
4. Disability Living Allowance or Attendance Allowance award letter (dated within the last 2 years*) showing that you receive the higher rate mobility component.
*Please note we are not in a position to assess individuals’ abilities so we must insist that the letter from a medical professional states that you are unable to queue and why, rather than simply confirming your condition.